[Resolved] Application Offline
Incident Report for ClickFunnels
Postmortem

On November 1, 2018 at 7:33 am MDT, ClickFunnels was subject to a Denial of Service (DoS) attack. The attack targeted the user sign in functionality, resulting in a 130,000% increase in traffic to that endpoint. The overall increase in total traffic to the entire ClickFunnels platform was 2,600% in less than a minute. This flood of targeted traffic overwhelmed our web servers and resulted in the application being unavailable for approximately 27 minutes. Corrective actions taken by the ClickFunnels team restored most functionality by 8:00 am MDT. Due to the severity and ongoing nature of the attack and the methods required to address it, some customers may have experienced problems with slow response times or missing images until approximately 10:00 am MDT. At that time, the ClickFunnels platform returned to normal operation.

Posted 16 days ago. Nov 01, 2018 - 15:19 MDT

Resolved
On November 1, 2018 at 7:33 am MDT, ClickFunnels was subject to a Denial of Service (DoS) attack. The attack targeted the user sign up functionality, resulting in a 130,000% increase in traffic to that endpoint. The overall increase in total traffic to the entire ClickFunnels platform was 2,600% in less than a minute. This flood of targeted traffic overwhelmed our web servers and resulted in the application being unavailable for approximately 27 minutes. Corrective actions taken by the ClickFunnels team restored most functionality by 8:00 am MDT. Due to the severity and ongoing nature of the attack and the methods required to address it, some customers may have experienced problems with slow response times or missing images until approximately 10:00 am MDT. At that time, the ClickFunnels platform returned to normal operation.
Posted 16 days ago. Nov 01, 2018 - 15:16 MDT
Update
We have identified the source of the problem that resulted in downtime to be a coordinated attack against our platform. We have taken measures to prevent the attack but are continuing to monitor the situation. Our preventative measures appear to have resulted in some legitimate requests being blocked erroneously. We have adjusted our solution to accommodate these and will continue to adjust accordingly. Our team is performing a more detailed analysis and will share a report once we feel confident we can resolve this issue officially.
Posted 16 days ago. Nov 01, 2018 - 10:58 MDT
Monitoring
A fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results.
Posted 16 days ago. Nov 01, 2018 - 08:13 MDT
Identified
The issue has been identified and a fix is being implemented.
Posted 16 days ago. Nov 01, 2018 - 08:01 MDT
Investigating
We are currently investigating this issue.
Posted 16 days ago. Nov 01, 2018 - 07:49 MDT